Kha Gai Soup - Coconut Soup
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 1/2 liter of water;
- 1/2 liter of coconut milk;
- 100g Tom Ka paste;
- 500g chicken breast fillet;
- 3 stems of iced lemongrass entirely;
- 8-10 lime leaves (kaffir);
- 200g mushrooms Volvariella;
- to taste fish sauce to taste;
- juice of 1/2 lemon;
- fresh coriander;
Step by step:
1. Pour water and coconut milk into a pot. Heat up, not bringing to the boil. Add the paste Tom Ka and chicken breast diced. Boil. Stirring from time to time.
2. Add the lime leaves and lemon grass cut up at an angle. Cook over low heat.
3. When the chicken is cooked, add the mushrooms while cooking.
4. At the end of cooking, add the fish sauce, lemon juice and fresh coriander.
Need to know that coconut soup like most Thai soups do not like them too much overheats, because they lose their qualities of flavor.